Welcome to Americans for Veterans.
Americans for Veterans is organized to assist veterans in need and returning veterans needing assistance to transition to a productive, successful civilian life.
Emphasis is on providing direct financial assistance and supporting or sponsoring programs to provide employment training and job ready skills, access to related social services, career planning, and placement into the job market. In doing so, Americans for Veterans seeks to honor those who have risked their lives in service to our country.
Did you know that:
- More than 42 million American men and women have served in a time of war
- Current Projected U.S. Veterans Population: 23,442,000
- There are between 529,000 and 840,000 veterans who are homeless at some time during the year, that’s 23% of the homeless population
- 89% of homeless veterans received Honorable Discharges
- 33% of homeless veterans served in a war zone
- Each year between 375,000 – 600,000 homeless veterans receive no assistance
- 6 million veterans are living with a disability
- 45% of veterans need help finding a job
- 37% of veterans need help finding housing
- Number of Veterans with for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (as of 09/30/08): 342,624
Sources: US Department of Veterans Affairs, National Center for Veterans Analysis and Statistics, National Council of Homeless Veterans, National Survey of Homeless Assistance Providers and Clients(NSHAPC), Veterans Day 2008 US Census Bureau Statistics